The YMCA is a membership organization open to all. The YMCA welcomes people of all ages, races, sexes, ethnicities, religions, abilities and financial circumstances. Thanks to the generous support of donors, financial assistance is available for those who qualify. Some benefits of membership include:
- No Contracts
- Free Child Watch with Family Membership
- Opportunities to connect with family, friends and co-workers
- Support to help you achieve your goals to build a healthy spirit, mind and body
- AWAY Guests Policy (provides access to most YMCAs nationally)
- Special member rates on all programs
The YMCA offers multiple membership options to meet the diverse needs of our community.
Membership Categories & Dues
* Family memberships follow the same guidelines set forth by the IRS for qualified exemptions on line 6 of the head of household’s current 1040 tax return. Qualified children must meet the following criteria:
- Be the head of household’s child or stepchild, foster child, sibling or stepsibling
- Have the same principle residence of the head of household for at least one-half of the calendar year
- Be under the age of 19 or under the age of 24 and a documented full-time student at least five months of the calendar year or totally permanently disabled
- Do not supply over one-half of their own financial support.
The YMCA reserves the right to verify family membership qualifications and proof of residency prior to accepting memberships. Legal documentation requested to verify memberships includes but is not limited to: current federal tax returns, marriage license, birth certificate, adoption records, and court-mandated custody documents.
Corporate Membership Information
The YMCA offers corporate membership plans to employers who enroll a minimum of 25 employees at one time. If you are interested in more information about corporate memberships, please contact Kristin Vaughan at 434-348-9622 or email@example.com
Methods of Payment – Membership Dues
The Family YMCA of Emporia-Greensville offers two payment options:
1. Automatic monthly bank draft from checking, savings, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) account on the first banking day of each month
2. Payment in full for semi-annual or annual membership by cash, local check, debit card or credit card.
Membership at our YMCA offers access to a wide array of services and activities including:
- Fully trained and competent staff members who are always ready to assist you in achieving your goals to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body
- Clean, well maintained safe facilities with modern fitness equipment
- Free fitness classes and aerobics programs
- Free Childwatch services (with family membership plans)
- Free day use of lockers (with your own lock)
- Special member rates on all programs
Guests & AWAY Policies
- Guests – Non-Members who can provide proof of residence (current driver’s license) outside a 40-mile radius of the Family YMCA of Emporia-Greensville may be granted daily membership privileges for a fee of $7.00 per day.
- AWAY (Always Welcome at the YMCA) Privileges – Any member of another YMCA with AWAY privileges is welcome to work out at our facility free of charge. Member must present a valid YMCA membership card for verification.
Membership Code of Conduct
At the Family YMCA of Emporia-Greensville, we expect staff, members and guests to behave in accordance with our mission and values at all times respecting the rights and dignity of others.
The protection of our members and guests participating in our programs and/or using our facilities is of paramount interest to the Family YMCA of Emporia-Greensville. The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse; is a registered sex offender; habitually or excessively uses narcotics or dangerous drugs; has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession or transportation of narcotics or habit-forming and/or dangerous drugs; or continuously or excessively uses intoxicating beverages. All members are expected to behave in a mature and responsible way and to respect the rights and dignity of others. The Membership Code of Conduct does not permit language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person, or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Prohibited actions specifically include:
- Inappropriate attire.
- Angry or vulgar language or apparel, including swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA sponsored programs.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
- Loitering is not permitted in or outside of the YMCA.
- Smoking is not permitted in or outside the YMCA. The YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment.
YMCA members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety, and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain. If a member or guest feels uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, they should report the behavior to a staff person. YMCA staff members are eager to be of assistance. In order to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked. The Executive Director will investigate all reported incidents. If upon investigation, the Executive Director determines in his/her discretion that a violation of the YMCA Member Code of Conduct has occurred, it may result in suspension or termination of YMCA membership. The YMCA expects any member to notify YMCA management immediately if any of the above prohibited actions have occurred.
The YMCA does not turn anyone away for inability to pay. Financial assistance is available for people who qualify. Assistance is rewarded based on household income. Potential members may qualify for 5-85% off of normal membership rates. All applicants must completely fill out the Financial Assistance Application and submit all required documentation on an annual or semi-annual basis. Please contact Shelia Reavis, Business Manager, at 434-348-9622 for more information.